Tuesday, December 29, 2015

BOOK PROJECT


It was 1989 before I found time for my art, just as my two kids, Jared and Abby were moving on into adulthood.  They enjoyed my portraits of them, our pets and familiar scenes.  As their lives became more complex, so did my paintings but by then their adult responsibilities left little time to understand my fascination with nonobjective art.  I felt the need to share the joy and knowledge  of art I had gained over those years.  Would these long conversations ever come up in my lifetime?

 Maybe?  So I began thinking of putting it all simply in writing and photos.  It would be lots of scanning and typing to make two copies of all.  But then my wonderful friend Cindy Allman, graphic artist, stepped in and took my typed ramblings, facts and pictures and turned straw into gold. With her great skills as a fine artist and designer the book came to life.  Along with a local printer willing to do a small batch we were able to provide my 2 kids, 5 grandchildren and several close friends with copies. This was a really rewarding project for all who participated to say nothing of the treasures provided for my family to ponder when they do find the time. 



No comments:

Post a Comment