Sunday, September 20, 2015

Kaleidoscope

© Carol J. Stevens       22 x 22"      mixed water media

The versatility of acrylics is fascinating.  Recently, I experimented with the ancient art of marbling using this modern water-based medium.  The bursting color and yin yang patterns found their way into a painting that’s history began in 2005.  

Between then and now, I’ve alternately added scraps of old paintings and more paint, thus embedding not only the materials but my thoughts, memories and passing fancies into the layers held together by acrylics adhesiveness.  Ultimately, the need arises to organize it using the principles of art and my intuition until dominance is achieved and only then can I begin to understand its meaning.

Ohio Watercolor Society 
“Watercolor Ohio”
Travel Show Award, 2012

“Acrylic Works 2- The Best of 
Acrylic Painting” Book



No comments:

Post a Comment