Friday, August 14, 2015

Empty Nest

© Carol J. Stevens            Watercolor

© Carol J. Stevens     Watercolor              
"Abigail"


© Carol J. Stevens     Watercolor       
"Jared"

After handing up my paint brushes of collage years (1963) and getting after a "serious" life of art teaching, marriage and family,  I discovered in the 1980's that unfortunately a divorce was necessary.  My two children were truly hurt by this.  My beloved Mother dies in 1989.  I turned to my long lost love, painting and choose watercolor.  I' d learned little in collage and forgotten that.  Self teaching, books and many workshops with a variety of instructors were needed. As I learned the colors and techniques and I found a real comfort in painting the likeness of  my loved ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment